Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Gargantuan Owl

More Owls...

I know there's been so many owls already - but this one is a little different than the others...

More Owls...

Mostly because of the size - this one is GARGANTUAN!

More Owls...

Basically, I followed the same pattern as for Calypso the Kooky Owl - but I continued the base increases until I had 90 sc. Then I worked 43 rounds with no shaping.

I haven't taken his measurements, but you can tell at a glance - this guy is larger than your average owl! 

More Owls...

And much as I love the Gargantuan Owl - I still have a soft spot for the smallest owl in the family. The Mini Owl wins my heart every single time. It's just too cute for words:

More Owls...

And here's a few of the other owls finished over the weekend...

More Owls...

More Owls...

More Owls...




4 comments:

Loren said...

Talk about a stash-buster! Do you have any yarn left?

oopsudroppedthis said...

You are so freakin talented!!! This is so awesome!

laughing purple goldfish said...

Hey Loren... Would you believe that I still have LOADS of yarn left... Probably a good thing really, I'd hate to run out!

laughing purple goldfish said...

Hey Oops... THANK YOU... I love feedback like that :)