Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Boring But Necessary

Repairs

We all have them...

The BORING but necessary tasks.

Often they don't take long to do, but if you're anything like me - you procrastinate for as long as possible...

Repairs

A job that has been lingering on my to-do list for far too long is HAND BAG REPAIRS.

And I don't know why. This is my every day hand bag. Obviously I USE IT EVERY DAY. So, it stands to reason that if there is a problem with it - then I should fix it quickly...

And yet I didn't.

Repairs

There are three zippered pockets in this bag, and the lining in every single one of them was torn. Which of course meant that any item which went into the pocket would invariably end up stuck in the "Black Hole" which lies between the bag and its lining. Especially annoying when it's your car keys... or a ringing mobile phone!


Repairs

The repairs were remarkably simple. It was just a matter of tucking in the frayed edges and pinning the lining back together... then working a whip stitch to create a new seam.

Repairs

Twenty minutes later, and I was restocking my bag with all the necessary goodies (including a ziplock bag of teabag strings to knot together whenever I get a spare minute)

Repairs

So tell me... what boring but necessary job is at the top of your to-do list?


4 comments:

Pam Sykes (aka Pretty Knitty) said...

I still need to do my spring cleaning! Booo-ring!!!

Barbara said...

I know what you mean about those tasks... I also push them forwards for weeks until I really really have to do them..
I am curious:.what are you going to do with those tea bag strings?
Have a great day
Barbara

Twigwoman said...

Need to move my 10 yr granddaughter into a smaller bedroom of her choosing and then create a dedicated guest room in the one she is giving up, as well as swapping my dining room into the front room and creating a joint art studio for my granddaughter and I in the old dining room!!!1 Thanx for the push to get moving.... I need to paint the new bedroom and get her moved in before school resumes in early Sept, as well as having the guest room ready around the same time as 2 different guests are already planning on arriving around the same time!!!

Janejay said...

I have to clear all the paraphenalia out of our garden. You know - the old paving slabs and broken pots and old kids toys, bits of wood, broken bird boxes... Some need to be freecycled, some are just junk which are no good for anything! I've been putting off for years!