Thursday, May 30, 2013

It's not always about the crochet...

It's not always about the crochet...

But I do like to be working on some kind of a Crafty Endeavour!

Sometimes I like to embroider instead:

Arnott's Embroidery

Of course it's VERY slow and time consuming...

If you haven't seen cross-stitch embroidery before, it's exactly what you would imagine it to be.

You stitch one little cross after another, after another...

I'll be happy if I can finish this off before the end of the year.

Arnott's Embroidery

But while I was working on it earlier today, I thought "Hmmmmmmm...."

Remember the Australian Quilt I was talking about making?

I think I know what my first Aussie "square" will be:


And then maybe the Skipping Girl.

Arnott's Embroidery

2 comments:

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

Love that you are cross stitching, too.

I love crochet, don't get me wrong, but it's always nice to cross stitch for a while, too.

Happy Stitching :)

Mamadoggie said...

I have cross stitched quite a lot in the past, but for now it's mainly crochet. I love cross stitch, but it's a bit too fussy for me now, especially counting patterns. I think your project will be beautiful :-)