Monday, May 27, 2013

Inspiring...

Canada Quilt

What is it with cats?

Canada Quilt

They're so damn inquisitive that they won't leave you in peace to take a photo!

Canada Quilt

This work is NOT mine... but By Golly it's wonderful!

Canada Quilt

Don't you think?

Canada Quilt

I came across this magnificent Work In Progress over on Ravelry. 

Canada Quilt

It belongs to a Brilliantly Creative woman by the name of Colleen, who is designing a quilt to represent her native Canada... not by representing traditional icons, but using images which are personal to her.

 Canada Quilt

I love the idea - and I'm inspired to create my own quilt, representing Australia!

Canada Quilt

If you're a member at Ravelry, you can check out Colleen's project page here. She talks in great detail about each square, and why it is significant to her. Well worth reading... 

Canada Quilt

And maybe you will be inspired too!

Canada Quilt

6 comments:

Loca4crafts said...

I love when inspiration hits. What a great project!

Tres said...

I love this! I've been designing and crocheting intarsia for a few years now, but not small pieces like this, usually huge afghans. (I even traded a Darth Vader afghan for a tattoo!) Now I might have to start making smaller pieces and using my traditional SC as well as some Tunisian stitches for added texture.

Bethel of Bethania said...

Brilliant n so inspiring... sure can go mad with colour if you did an Australian one,Sharon... <3

Twigwoman said...

WOW that's some serious knitting!!!

V.E. (Wales) said...

Thanks for the link to this inspired project... Would love to see your take on knitted memories!! I'm off to take a tour of 'Colleen's Canada'

Colleen said...

I would LOVE to see what you would do with an Australian quilt. It could be magnificent!