Monday, December 12, 2011

Hurry Up

Serious work has begun on the Advent UFO

As well it should, since we are already at December 12 - the Advent is HALF OVER ALREADY!!!

So here's a selection of the Tree Decorations I've completed so far:

PC120014


PC120019

PC120016

PC120022

PC120020

PC120027

PC120024

And the Tree itself is almost complete...

PC110009

Still need to number those pockets along the bottom, and add the buttons so that the decorations can be hung. There's also a heap of embellishing which I'd love to do, but I think I'll be waiting until next year for that.

Oh... and I need to scrounge around for another STICK in the garden for the casing along the bottom.

Master Twelve has already informed me that the 'stick' idea is an EPIC FAIL - but I love the character it lends the calendar...

When it came to the pockets, there wasn't really enough felt left - and no instructions either!

I was going to add each pocket separately, using random felts... but there wasn't enough space on the backing to do that. So I made some scrappy strip pockets instead.

PC110010

2 comments:

Cindy said...

I love what you've done so far! It really looks good and your ornaments are really cute.

Hugs XX
Barbara

psmflowerlady said...

I just love googley eyes and you are using them ever-so well! I'd say you are making Epic progress on your Epic project!