Wednesday, December 16, 2009

things that make you go... ewwwww!

Today was hot… and I don’t cope well with the heat.

By the time that the kids came home from school, I was ready to find a nice quiet corner and have a quick snooze before heading out to the school picnic.

Just as I was getting myself settled, I hear Master Ten calling out from his bedroom:

“MUUUUUUMMMMM… I think that LIZARDY has escaped!”

lizardy

Usually Lizardy doesn’t stay in the bedroom. But today there was a crochet meet at my place, and I thought that he might be safer away from toddler fingers. So Master Ten had hidden the pet box away in his room.

Which seemed like a good idea at the time…

And I was really puzzled about how the lizard could have possibly escaped…

So the questions began:

mum – “Where did you leave his box?”

boy – “On my bed”

mum – “How do you think he got the lid off?”

boy – “I didn’t put it on”

mum – “Why not?”

boy – “I didn’t know that I had to”

lizardy with sam

Well, after much searching, we finally located the the little creature INSIDE my son’s pillowcase! Glad he was discovered BEFORE bedtime…

3 comments:

heklica said...

I'm not good with anything having to do with reptiles, so sorry I won't show any compassion or understanding :/ But I am glad you found it :)

Cindy said...

Wow Sharon, I really don't care for reptiles either but I don't mind lizards as much. lol I had two boys that I raised and I know exactly what you're talking about. Gosh the stuff the can get into.

Big mamma frog said...

We could do with a bit of heat over here in chilly grey Britain...today I spotted some depressed snow flakes sulking on an icy wind!
(p.s. what a gorgeous lizard!)