Monday, December 7, 2009

plodding along with the cross stitch

close up progress 2b

I'm very, very good at losing things...

Well - maybe not losing as such - but definitely MISPLACING!

I MISPLACED my cross stitch project. You might remember I was talking about it in this post here. I was determined to get it finished before Christmas, and was working on it at every opportunity... but then one day... without warning... it just DISAPPEARED!

It's not as though I didn't look for it. I kept getting these fabulous ideas about where it might be - like UNDER the passenger seat of the car - or in the ironing basket... but no matter where I searched, I couldn't find it.

Then, just the other day, I wanted to work on some card-making. So I grabbed the bag of goodies... opened it up... AND THERE WAS MY CROSS STITCH!!!

No idea how... or why... or when...

But so glad that I have found it!

Not sure that I have any chance of finishing it before Christmas. Although it would be nice to complete it over the summer holidays.

So, here is my progress so far:

progress2

and you can click here to see where I was at the last time I showed you

close up progress 2a

3 comments:

Debbie said...

Your cross stitch is coming along so nicely! That's great close-up photography!

Karen said...

Well, so nice that it is back 'to hand'. And what fun as to how and where you found it. It is exquisite!

heklica said...

As far as I can see, there's a good chance you can finish it. It's just the top part that you've got left. And it's really very pretty and delicate. And feminine.

BTW, if it's of any interest, in Serbian Orthodox Church they celebrate Christmas on 7th January ;))