Wednesday, July 8, 2009

project #26 - ocean waves

DSCF0715

pattern used -
yarn used -
  • size 3 cotton
hook used -
  • 2.1mm steel hook
comments -
  • this pattern is for a candle drape... which is something I haven't ever heard of before
  • it works up quickly and easily
  • I didn't have a candle which was the right size... so I've positioned the drape over a glass for the photos
  • just looking at the photos now... I'm thinking that this would look nice left on the glass the way it is... with a candle placed inside the glass
DSCF0721

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you are right and it would be a bit safer as well:)

Anonymous said...

I look forward to each day seeing what you post.I'm new at crocheting,only a year into it.I love the candle holder.Can't wait to try it.

laughing purple goldfish said...

ljohnson - I think that you are supposed to remove the drape before lighting the candle... it's more of a decoration for when the candle is not in use... but I like the idea of draping it over the glass... you could keep the drape in place when using the candle, and the flame flickering behind the crochet and beads would look magical :)

anon - thank you so much... how's the crochet going? are you teaching yourself or do you have someone to guide you? all the best with your new skill... it's a wonderful way to keep your hands busy!