Friday, July 17, 2009

bold squares

Would you believe that I have now completed the THIRTY DAYS project???

Admittedly, it did take me more than 30 days... but I got there in the end!

Of course, I was working on a few other projects in between... I just can't remain monogamous when it comes to my crafting. I'm not a one-project-at-a-time kind of gal... I crave variety!

Which begs the question... What else have I been working on?

Well here is my June Craftster Square for the block-of-the-month challenge:

DSCF0545

pattern used -
  • Bold Squares by Dayna Audirsch
  • click here for free pattern

yarn used -
  • reclaimed 8ply/DK yarns
  • round 1 - peacock blue
  • round 2 - cream
  • round 3 - maroon
  • round 4 - peacock blue
  • round 5 - navy
  • round 6 - camel fleck
  • round 7 - peacock blue
  • round 8 - rivergum green
  • round 9 - natural fleck
  • round 10 - peacock blue
  • round 11 - forest green
  • round 12 - navy
  • round 13 - cream
  • round 14 - brown and white fleck

hook used -
  • 4.0mm bamboo hook

comments -
  • this square actually looks quite striking when worked in a single colour
  • if you are a member at Ravelry... you can click here to see all the projects worked from this pattern
  • see the pattern which emerges from the texture of the stitches? unfortunately the subtlety of it gets lost in amongst all my colours changes
  • because I was working with a smaller hook size than the pattern called for, I had to add an additional round of sc and then a round of dc
DSCF0548

2 comments:

Sam said...

I was just admiring this square, when I realised I've done it too. (Yes, slow brain today).
Mine looks completely different - I love that :-) Haven't got round to loading mine up yet.

The LinkedIn bit at the bottom shows other squares, and I can't wait to see them all together. Looking fab so far!

laughing purple goldfish said...

it's amazing just how different they can look, isn't it?