Friday, March 20, 2009

my... what big eyes you have grandma!

grandma needles

I like to call these my GRANDMA needles...

Those big eyes remind me of the story of Little Red Riding Hood... My what big eyes you have Grandma!

I love my wool needles to be big and chunky and blunt. The kind of needles that a three-year-old could thread. Darning in your yarn tails at the end of a project can be a monotonous enough task... you might as well make the threading part easy on yourself.

Today I'm hoping to finish darning the tails of my seraphina shawl and maybe even get it blocked, too... then I'll have some finished photos to share with you all.

1 comment:

Cats-Rockin-Crochet said...

He, he, purps. Sure you don't need spectacle's? I love my big darning needles too, it's just a bugger when they don't fit through a button hole and I have to go back to the small ones.